Thursday 9 February 2012

Health Sciences Center (HSC)...my new home for 55 days!

    While all this was happening, my Mom and her fiance Phil were on their way home from a trip to BC and were in Russell, Manitoba at the time (3 hours from Winnipeg). That's when she says she got the worst phone call of her life. It was from Dale, just as the ambulance was about to leave Ashern hospital. She knew something was wrong as soon as he heard the tone of his voice say "Mom...". Her worst fears were confirmed when he continued to say "It's Jamie, something happened, we don't know what's wrong but it's bad, I'm scared Mom."
    It's crazy how adrenaline gets you through these kinds of situations. She checked to make sure her seatbelt was secure and turned to Phil and said "we're going to Winnipeg, and we're getting there fast." Did I mention that it was a rain storm at the time? Or that the curvey road full of valleys and deer is probably one of the most dangerous highways in Manitoba? Needless to say, my Mom drove the three hour drive in two hours!
    The drive from Ashern hospital to HSC should normally take 2 and a half hours, the ambulance got me there in 1 hour and 45 min. Either they were really sick of fighting with me, or I was in bad shape.
    Dale, Ashley and my Dad were following behind the ambulance. I was quite unstable at this time, so a Doctor rode in the ambulance along with the paramedics. I am uncertain if it was the same one I had punched.
    The ambulance pulled into HSC at the same time my Mom pulled in, talk about a coincidence. The doctor had induced me into a coma during the ambulance ride as my condition was so unstable. Still at this point no one knew what was truly wrong with me yet...
   

No comments:

Post a Comment